Naveen Patnaik Biography
|Date of Birth||16th October 1946|
|Home Town||Bhubaneshwar, Odisha|
|Hobbies||Reading and writing|
|Political Party||Janata Dal(1997 – 1998)|
Biju Janata Dal(Present)
|School||1) – Welham Boy’s School,|
2) – Doon School, Dehradun
|College||Kirori Mal College, New Delhi|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Career(Non Political Life)||He was a well known writer before entering the world of Politics.|
|Career(Political Life)||1) – Joined Janta Dal in 1997|
2) – Elected to Lok sabha from Odisha.
3) – Union minister for mines from 19th March 1998 to 5th March 2000.
4) – Formed a new party Named as Biju Dal Because of the Janta Dal party breakup on 1998.
5) – Became the Chief Minister of Odisha on 5th March 2000.
6) – From 2000 to 2014, Re-elected to Odisha legislative assembly while serving as Chief Minister of Odisha.
7) – In May 2019, again got elected as Chief Minister of Odisha.
|Awards||1) – Hero to Animal Award from ‘People for the ethical treatment of animals'(2020)|
2) – CSI E-Ratna Award from ‘Computer Society of India'(2020).
3) – FIH President’s Award from ‘International Hockey Federation'(2018).
4) – Ideal Chief Minister Award from Pratibha Patil(2018).
5) – Best Administrator on India Award from Pranab Mukherjee(2017).
6) – United Nations Award from United Nation(2013).
Social media accounts
Twitter – Naveen Patnaik
1. Before getting into politics, he was into writing and wrote two books named as ‘The garden of life’ , ‘A Second Paradise: Indian Courtly Life’.
2. His Net worth is around 70 crores as calculated in 2020.
3. Naveen Patnaik is the longest-serving Chief Minister in Odisha.
4. He is only Chief Minister who doesn’t know the local language of his state. Due to which many times he was criticized by the opposition parties.
5. Shockingly, he did not own a mobile phone until 2015. Due to which his entrance in social media world delayed a bit.