Nirmala Sitharaman Biography
|Birthplace||Madurai, Tamilnadu (India)|
|Date of Birth||18th August 1959|
|Home Town||Madurai, Tamilnadu (India)|
|Hobbies||Classical music, Reading , Cooking|
|Political Party||Bharthiya Janata Party(BJP)|
|School||Madras and Tiruchirappalli|
|College(Graduation in economics)||Seethalakshmi Ramaswamy College|
|College(Master degree in economics and master of philosophy)||Jawahar Lal Nehru University|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Husband||Dr. Parakala Prabhakar|
|Career( Non Political Life )||1) – Assistant to an economist in the agriculture engineers association in London.|
2) – Senior Manager in the R&D department of Price-water house coopers London.
3) – Worked for BBC world Service.
4) – Director of the centre for republic policy steady in Hyderabad (1998 to 2004).
5) – Member of National commission of Women
|Career( Political Life )||1) – Joined BJP in 2008 and appointed as a spokesperson in 2010.|
2) – On 3 September 2017, she was appointed as Minister of Defense.
3) – On 31 May 2019, Nirmala Sitharaman was appointed as the Finance minister.
Social media accounts
Twitter – Nirmala Sitharaman
1. Nirmala was a Co-Founder of “Pranava” a well known school in Hyderabad.
2. The Jawaharlal Nehru University conferred her the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2019.
3. Forbes Magazine has ranked her 34th among the 100 most powerful women in the world in 2019.
4. Nirmala is fond of sarees. She owns a great collection of Silk sarees and Kanjeevarams.
5. She a real follower of Lord Krishna and owns a huge collection of his hymns.
6. Her estimated Net-worth is 2.63 Crore (2019) and as a member of parliament, she receives some allowances.